Steven Fales

Steven Fales
Steven Fales -- Actor/Writer/Producer

Monday, May 6, 2013

Sunstone and Me

Sunstone is a big deal in Mormondom. It's basically the Mormon Fringe Festival. It includes things like the Sunstone Symposium and Sunstone Magazine. It's where "Mormon Boy" got his start.

Confessions of a Mormon Boy began as a reading at the Sunstone Symposium--standing ovation. This was recorded and is available from Sunstone.

The original "Utah" version of the play was later published with photos in Sunstone Magazine. Here's the fun script: https://www.sunstonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/articles/130-40-56.pdf

Sunstone followed up with an interview about my Lincoln Center debut and then my off Broadway run at the SoHo Playhouse. https://www.sunstonemagazine.com/pdf/140-68-69.pdf

Sunstone has been very kind to me. I wonder if our paths will cross again in the future.

A scene from the original "Utah" version of Confessions of a Mormon Boy.
I need to bring Heavenly Mother back. This version was only performed once.
Should I bring it back someday?

 
Artwork from original "Utah" version of Confessions.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment