Steven Fales

Steven Fales
Steven Fales -- Actor/Writer/Producer

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back from UK Tour

I've been home about a week after two months on tour in the UK. I was doing "Confessions of a Mormon Boy" at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (the largest performing arts festival in the world) and then in London's West End at the Charing Cross Theatre. Either of these was a dream come true, but together made one of the most dynamic artistic experiences of my life. There were extreme highs and lows, but ultimately I feel I was forged in new ways as an artist and person that I cannot even begin to mention in this blog. Doors opened and I have renewed energy and confidence in what I have to say. Basically, I am still on a mission as I share my story all over the world: 1. God is so much bigger than any church. 2. We can turn our lives around.

I am back in Utah surrounded by my mountains. I love it here. I have my kids around me, which is the reason I am here. Their love has transformed me. I have a simple and serene life now. I will always love my cities, but here in Utah I have time to think, focus, create. I am off to St. Mark's Episcopal this morning where I attend church. Today I am sober, abstinant, and focussed on kids, career, and being well. I have high, high job satisfaction with plenty on the horizon. I know the value of hard work and the importance of the American values that give us incentive to work this hard. I have dreams that are not grandiose, because I know I am willing to work for them. And that God is co-creating with me.

When all else Fales, get sober and say "please" and "thank you". That's the only prayer we need to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment